A whole-home generator is a standby generator that is connected to your home’s electrical system. A whole-home generator can be a great asset to have in case of a power outage. However, like any other piece of machinery, it needs to be properly maintained in order to work correctly and last a long time.
Here are seven tips on how to maintain your whole home generator provided by the Quantum Electric Company professionals.
1. Check the oil level regularly and change the oil according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
2.Clean the air filter regularly and replace it when necessary.
3. Test the generator on a monthly basis to ensure that it is in good working order.
4. 4. Inspect the fuel system quarterly and clean it as needed.
5. To avoid overheating, keep the generator well ventilated.
6. Store the generator in a dry, protected area when it’s not in use.
7. Have the generator serviced by a professional every year.
A whole-home generator can be a lifesaver during a power outage or natural disaster. Maintaining your generator is important to ensure that it will work properly when you need it most. Follow these tips to maintain your generator and keep it in good working condition.